Friday, October 12, 2007

High Definition TV on Your PC

If you haven't tried HDTV on your PC yet, maybe it's time to look into this cool technology. I've written several posts recently about music performances that I recorded on my PC. The amazing thing about the recordings, is that the performances are all live, and they were all received FREE! Well, except for the cost of the PC, HDTV interface, and the digital flat screen monitor.

If you like HDTV and recording live music performances, the combination of receiving HDTV signals and being able to record them on your PC is great on the pocketbook (or your wallet)! And, the HD quality is outstanding! I definitely recommend a digital flat screen monitor attached to your PC for viewing. An analog flat screen may be ok also, but I recommend going full digital for the clearest video.

I currently have an OnAIR Solutions HDTV Creator. I can receive HD signals via digital cable or high-definition television broadcast. My PC HDTV unit came with software which allows me to easily schedule advance recording with a few clicks of a mouse. I don't have to worry about setting the recorder very often. And, I can load the scheduler weeks in advance!

I looked into some possible units to recommend. I found two items that can be purchased online from BestBuy.com, or at your local store. If you are an HD buff and spend a lot of time on your PC, I suggest that you look into them and see if they can provide you as much enjoyment as I get!

You can check out the two recommendations on my web site at the following link:

High Definition TV on PC Recommendations

No comments: