Friday, October 12, 2007

Kid Rock: Rock N Roll Jesus

Testify at the Rock Revival Baby!!

The sound of this song is Detroit at it's Root! The Kid gets a real live Detroit feel from his traveling band, along with some Sex, Drugs, and Rock N Roll of course!

I have never been much of a Kid Rock fan, but this song definitely caught my attention. Its nice to hear the big band sound of old time Detroit revived along with the excellent background vocalists! The song has a soulful sound to say the least, and during the Kids Late Show performance this week the backup vocalists (IMHO) rocked the house!

One thing I can't figure out, is why the Kid would try to slip some questionable lyrics past the Late Show TV censors. All it did was result in clipping out part of the performance. If I wasn't such an HD video buff, maybe I wouldn't mind the video blip so much... But come on, Kid had to know whatever he said would be blipped...

All in all, Kid Rock did a great performance on the Late Show, and I really like the song! Although I recorded this live version in HD, I still can't wait to see the video release...

No comments: